This is privacy notice of Microscopy Supplies & Consultants Ltd
We respect your privacy and are determined to protect your personal data. The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from). We’ll also tell you about your privacy rights and how the data protection law protects you. This privacy notice is provided in a layered format so you can click through to the specific areas set out below.
1. WHO WE ARE AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION
2. THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
7. DATA SECURITY
8. DATA RETENTION
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
10. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
11. QUERIES, REQUESTS OR CONCERNS
1. WHO WE ARE AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION What is the purpose of this privacy notice? This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you [SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER/PURCHASE A PRODUCT OR SERVICE/TAKE PART IN A COMPETITION]. This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. You must read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them. Data controller(s) Microscopy Supplies & Consultants Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as ["COMPANY"], "we", "us" or "our" in this privacy notice). Our contact details are [6a Carneil Road, Carnock,Fife,KY12 9JH, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01383 851434. For all data matters contact Angela Hocking or Anita McKenzie Third-party links outside of our control This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. You can find out more about personal data from the Information Commissioners Office. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows Identity Data includes FIRST NAME/LAST NAME/ USERNAME/ / TITLE/ · Contact Data includes BILLING ADDRESS/DELIVERY ADDRESS/EMAIL ADDRESS/ TELEPHONE NUMBERS. We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. If you fail to provide personal data Where we need to collect your personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time
. 3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through: · Directly. You may give us your [IDENTITY, CONTACT AND FINANCIAL DATA] by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you · [Apply for our products or services;] · [Create an account on our website;] · [Subscribe to our service or publications;] · [Request marketing to be sent to you.]
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances · Performance of Contract this means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract. · Legitimate Interest this means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by [contacting Angela Hocking]. · Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation this means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to. [GENERALLY WE DO NOT RELY ON CONSENT AS A LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA OTHER THAN IN RELATION TO SENDING THIRD PARTY DIRECT MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS TO YOU VIA EMAIL OR TEXT MESSAGE. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT TO MARKETING AT ANY TIME BY CONTACTING US [ANGELA HOCKING - ANGELA@MSAC-UK.COM OR ANITA MCKENZIE – ANITA@MSAC-UK.COM]]. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, with the legal bases we rely on to do so. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
Please contact us [Angela Hocking or Anita McKenzie] if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below. Purpose/Activity Type of data Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest To register you as a new customer (a) Identity (b) Contact Performance of a contract with you To keep an note of warranty client/contact/Product/invoice details For warranty reasons, to also fullfill legal obilgations and For financial accounts/taxation obligations Client, product/invoice details To ensure that we draw up an accurate set of financial accounts and keep to fulfil legal taxation /accounts purposes [Marketing We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. [WE HAVE ESTABLISHED THE FOLLOWING PERSONAL DATA CONTROL MECHANISMS]: [Promotional offers from us We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us [OR IF YOU PROVIDED US WITH YOUR DETAILS WHEN YOU ENTERED A COMPETITION OR REGISTERED FOR A PROMOTION] and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.] [Third-party marketing We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside microscopy supplies & consultants ltd for marketing purposes.] Opting out You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time [BY LOGGING INTO THE WEBSITE AND CHECKING OR UNCHECKING RELEVANT BOXES TO ADJUST YOUR MARKETING PREFERENCES OR BY FOLLOWING THE OPT-OUT LINKS ON ANY MARKETING MESSAGE SENT TO YOU OR] BY EMAILING SALES@MSAC-UK.COM AT ANY TIME]. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of [A PRODUCT/SERVICE PURCHASE, WARRANTY REGISTRATION, PRODUCT OR SERVICE EXPERIENCE OR OTHER TRANSACTIONS].]
Cookies enable us to tailor the websites to your interests and preferences.
Cookies are small files placed on a user’s computer browser when they visit a website. They hold a small amount of information that tells something about that user such as the pages they visited on a website, how many times they visited the website and how much time they spent there. This helps website owners understand who their audience is and what they are looking at on their site.
See the following list of cookies used by Volusion store software and a brief explanation of each cookie’s use.
There is a piece
of privacy legislation known as the “cookie law” that requires websites to get
consent from visitors to store or retrieve any information on a computer,
smartphone or tablet. All websites targeted towards European Union (EU)
citizens are now expected to comply with the law.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
There are some cookies of the computer kind that you similarly can’t go without. They enable the Volusion storefront to function, and cannot be disabled without crippling the shopping cart and browsing experience for customers.
Easy for you to say! Actually, all of those crazy x’s are there for a reason. This is an ASP session cookie that identifies the customer’s current session with the server. This cookie does not contain any content other than the session ID (indicated in the cookie name by "XXXXXXXX")
This cookie stores any site settings for that session. It does not contain any content other than the session settings. For example, if a customer selects to display 24 results per page on Search Results and Category pages, this cookie will store that setting throughout the customer’s browsing experience.
This cookie is a session login token that gets set when a customer logs into your store. It’s necessary for your customers to be able to log in, and allows them to check out as a returning customer.
This cookie allows customers to add items to their shopping cart. An ecommerce essential! Without it, customers couldn’t proceed to the checkout page.
You know when you veer from your standard cookie recipe to add some enhancements like nuts or spices? Well, functionality cookies are kind of like that. They’re used for some of the more special features available with Volusion. You can disable these features to prevent these cookies from being stored on customers’ browsers.
This cookie stores the ProductIDs of the last items viewed by a customer on your store. It’s used to control the My Recent History functionality, which can be set to appear at the bottom of all product pages as your customers browse your site.
This cookie comes from AddThis. Volusion's integration with AddThis allows share buttons (Twitter, email, etc.) to appear beneath your product images.
This cookie is used to indicate the site from which the customer navigated to the Volusion store. This helps merchants see where customers are coming from!
This cookie is used to tell the Volusion store which Affiliate should get credit/commission for items purchased through the Affiliate link.
This cookie is used to ensure that the affiliate link does not get click-through credit on each page load.
This is the key of the LocalStorage object used by the Product Comparison feature in Volusion.
This LocalStorage stores the product codes of the products that customers select to Compare when they’re browsing your store. This way, they can see how their selected products stack up later, when they click Compare.
To disable the Product Comparison feature and prevent the LocalStorage object from being set on your customer’s browser:
14. Go to Design > Product Display Settings
15. Scroll to the bottom and expand the Product Comparison Page section of the page
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after
If you would like further information, please read our Privacy Notice..
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please [contact Angela hocking – email@example.com].
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.